Olivet Nazarene University
History of the University
Olivet Nazarene University's origins can be traced to the first decade of the 20th century and to the resolve of several families in east central Illinois who were committed to providing a Christian education for their children. In 1907, classes began in a Georgetown, Ill. home. A year later, the founders acquired several acres of land in a nearby village named Olivet. There, they constructed a modest building and added the secondary level of instruction. A liberal arts college followed in 1909, along with the first name for the fledgling, but ambitious, institution: "Illinois Holiness University."
In 2005, North Central Association granted ONU continued accreditation for the maximum of ten years without conditions. The University's more than 120 areas of study were reorganized into the College of Arts and Sciences, School of Education, School of Professional Studies, School of Theology and Christian Ministry, and the School of Graduate and Continuing Studies.
For the tenth consecutive year, Olivet announced a record breaking enrollment of students in 2006.
The Master of Arts in Pastoral Leadership is a graduate online degree designed to give a solid theological understanding for practicing pastoral leadership within today's congregations.
Master of Arts in Pastoral Leadership
The Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs, the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education, the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, the American Dietetics Association, the Council on Social Work Education, the National Association of Schools of Music, the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education, the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education and the Accreditation Board of Engineering and Technology-to name a few.
Copyright © 2014 Christian Higher Education Association